CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Random Thoughts

I have been journaling for almost a year now... just never got the nerve up to put it out on a blog.  There is definitely something therapeutic about sitting down and writing out your thoughts... with me, it's like I can get them all together a little better!  And, maybe something I put out here will be an encouragement for someone who needs it. I have definitely been encouraged by all of you before me!!!

Well, here goes...

As most of you know, I, along with my family, attend Fleming Baptist Church... I have THE BEST Church Family that anyone could have!  I LOVE YOU GUYS!!! There is no doubt that God placed us right where He wanted us.  I teach youth girls Sunday school (totally God's plan - not mine!) and help out on Wed and Sun nights in the youth.  I love working with the youth and watching them grow in their relationship with God.

In the Bible study that we just finished up, and now the one that we are beginning, probably the biggest lesson I learned was to seek God's desire for my life.  I know you're probably saying, "it took a Bible study to teach you that?" Well, so many times I think I have all the answers.  Sometimes (most of the time if I'm honest) I try to persuade myself that what I am desiring (or doing) is what God desires... but so many times I am just off doing what I want, and trying to convince myself this is what God wants.  

The new study that we are doing is about listening and discerning God's voice in our lives.  One of the first points that Priscilla Shirer made was about people saying that they had never heard the voice of God.  She pointed out that if you have never heard it - then more than likely your not listening, you haven't asked... or, the biggest - you've never given your life to Jesus.  If you don't have that relationship with Jesus, then God is not going to talk to you!  It's all about the relationship... you ask, God will answer! It may not be the answer you want, or it may take a while for Him to answer it (even then, if you will listen, He is probably talking to you). Lots of prayer and getting into His Word... and sometimes just sitting, with everything quiet, and just listening.


1 comments:

Jolee said...

Welcome! Blog looks Good! Can't wait to read more..... Writing is definitely theraputic, and reading others thoughts is too!

That devotional was helpful to me! Thanks!