CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Live Purposefully

After this week of revival at church, I am praying that I will continue to have true revival in my life. This has been such an awesome week!!! I know that the only way I can continue in this spirit and way of life, is to continuously seek God and to seek His desires and purposes for my life... I MUST die to me and let HIM have complete control!

I hope you enjoy this devotion as much as I did:

Life is best lived on purpose. And purpose, like everything else in the univers, begins in the heart of God. Whether you realize it or not, God has a direction for you life, a divine calling, a path along which He intends to lead you. When you welcome God into your heart and establish a genuine relationship with Him, He will begin - and He will continue - to make His purpose known.

Each morning, as the sun rises in the east, you welcome a new day, one tht is filled to the brim with opportunities, with possibilities, and with God. As you contemplate God's blessings in your own life, you should prayerfully seek His guidance for the day ahead.
Discovering God's unfolding purpose for your life is a daily journey, a journey guided by the teachings of God's Holy Word. As you reflect upon God's promises and upon the meaning that those promises hold for you, ask God to lead you throughout the coming day. Let your Heavenly Father direct your steps; concentrate on what God wants you to do now, and leave the distant future in hands that are far more capable than your own: His Hands.

Sometimes, God's intentions will be clear to you; other times, God's plan will seem uncertain at best. But even on those difficult days when you are unsure which way to turn, you must never lose sight of these overriding facts: God created you for a reason; He has important work for you to do; and He's waiting patiently for you to do it. So why not begin today?

When we realize and embrace the Lord's will for us, we will love to do it. We won't want to do anything else. It's a passion. Franklin Graham

You will show me the path of life; in Your presence is fullness of joy; at Your right hand are pleasures forevermore. Psalm 16:11

A Prayer

Dear Lord,
Let Your purposes be my purposes. Let Your priorities be my priorities. Let Your will be my will. Let Your Word be my guide. And, let me grow in faith and in wisdom, today and every day.
Amen

0 comments: