CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, January 18, 2009

I was studying my Bible study today... Discerning the Voice of God.  This week is titled God's Voice Reveals His Plan.  It's amazing how God works.  We were supposed to start the study back on 01/05 but due to several women not being able to be there, it was put off a week.  


The first week it was just good to be back and enjoying the fellowship with everyone in the study. The second week is where all of these thoughts really come from.  God KNEW that I was going to need this particular study at this particular time in my life, but He especially knew that we should wait that extra week.  It's amazing how God has a plan for even the smallest (or so we think) things in our lives.

I know I have posted on here before how thankful I am for God placing us at Fleming.  I know it was His perfect plan for us!!!  I am so thankful for all the wonderful friends God has given me and my family through this church family... this is why today's study really spoke to me.  Here's just a small piece of what Priscilla Shirer had to say about a church family:

The church is the family of God and a mechanism through which He speaks to His children.  No Christian can accomplish God's complete purpose without being a member of a local church.  You were not born again into a family without siblings.  The church is God's family, set apart to have direct access to God, it is a very necessary part of hearing, understanding, and participating in the will of God.  Every member of the church has been specifically placed and gifted to accomplish those purposes in the world.  You are not a believer and a part of the family of God in this generation by chance.  God allowed you to be a part of a local group of believers so He can accomplish His tasks on earth.

"Let us consider how to stimulate one another to love and good deeds, not forsaking our own assembling together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the day drawing near." (Hebrews 10: 24-25)

0 comments: