CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Anything Is Possible II

This is a follow-up to my post the other day. I know I have shared with several of you that I have been journaling my prayers for almost a year now. Some days I am very good and will post in my journal up to 3 entries... other days are not so good and I won't post anything. But, that doesn't mean that I am not praying, it just means that I didn't have a chance to put anything down that day. I must say that when I journal, I seem to pray for more and seem to have a more intimate talk with God.
The best thing about journaling; all those thoughts are recorded and I can go back and see how God worked and answered my prayers. I love reading back through the things that I have written down... I love it more when I come across an entry that I TOTALLY forgot about, and realize that God answered it! It is what I like to call "one of those WOW moments" where the breath is kinda sucked out of me and there are really no words to describe what happened... it was just a God thing!!!

Now, one of the most important things that you need to remember if you do start journaling... ALWAYS PUT THE DATE AND TIME ON IT! Because that is what will truly amaze you, when you read something and realize that God did answer it right on time! AMAZING!!! Now, if that doesn't get you motivated to pray even more, I don't know what will!!!

I hope that you will be inspired and start your own journal... you can go buy a real pretty one at the Christian book store (I have one of those with the scripture for each day that kind of helps to get you started.) You can even use an old pad or composition book that's laying around the house. But, personally I like to type it out on my computer. I have a file on each computer and when I feel the need to pray... I type it out. However you decide to do it, you will be rewarded beyond belief!!!

"For I know the plans that I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you." (Jeremiah 29:11-12)

1 comments:

Kyle said...

Pretty cool stuff! Especially when the prayers are answered and you suddenly remember the time and date of when you prayed a prayer, you know what i'm talking about, as Tracy would say "that's good stuff!"