CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Anything is Possible!!!

I have been reading Jim Cymbala's book "Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire".  I started the book before we left for our trip to the BTC... I don't have a lot of spare time to read so it has taken me a while, and I am still not finished.  Which, there are several parts that I have gone back and re-read, several times. If you want a book about prayer, this is the one! 


I think I may have shared this in one of my previous posts, or maybe not, I can't remember... but that is probably the most amazing thing to me about the Brooklyn Tabernacle, their praying! There is no set time for prayer listed in their bulletin.  They may sing a song and then pray for 10 minutes, and it isn't a prayer of thee's and thou's and words that you don't use in everyday talking. It is HEARTFELT, DEEP DOWN, I MEAN WHAT I SAY, CRYING OUT TO GOD TO HELP ME, PRAYER!  This even goes on during their choir rehearsal!!! True prayer and worship!  It's the most amazing thing I have ever been a part of in my life.

Honestly though, I didn't realize just how powerful their praying was until I really got into the heart of this book.  Some of the testimonies and stories are just amazing.  Jim and Carol Cymbala's story about their oldest daughter running away and turning her back on God is incredible.  The fact that they are ministers in one of the most praying churches and for over a year they never had that church pray for them and her... but man, when they did... like the song says, "something happened, supernatural"!  It is an amazing story of how God heard a powerful prayer and pulled their daughter back to Him and to them!

I want to have a prayer life like that!  I have been working on it since about July of last year.  Now, I have always prayed, but it has been those, bless me, bless you, thank you... you know, not the heartfelt prayers and discussions that He desires from us.  But since about July of this year, God has really laid this on my heart.  This past summer I read Stormie Omartian's book, "The Power of a Praying Woman".  If you've never read it, buy it, read it!!!  God desires a relationship with us... that means talking to Him, discussing things with Him, asking Him for our deepest desires of our lives!!! and then... waiting patiently for Him to answer (the hardest part of all!).  But He will answer, in His time and in His way.  He has a plan and purpose for everything.  And while we are waiting for Him to answer, we are supposed to be praising and thanking Him for EVERYTHING in our lives!!!  Even the parts we don't like, ESPECIALLY those parts!!!

This is an excerpt out of "Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire", which was the main thing I was going to write on this blog today (sorry, I got carried away!):

Anything and everything is possible with God if we approach Him with a broken spirit.  We must humble ourselves, get rid of the debris in our lives, and keep leaning on Him instead of our own understanding.  Your future and mine are determined by this one thing: seeking after the Lord.  The blessings we receive and then pass along to others all hang on this truth:
"He rewards those who earnestly seek Him" (Hebrews 11:6)

1 comments:

Jolee said...

Great Post! I am encouraged by this! I need to grow in my prayer life! <>< Jolee