CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, November 24, 2008

He Wants My Praise II

After sharing this devotion on Friday, it seems to be a constant theme these past days.  It's like God keeps bringing this up.  Brother Billy preached on praising and giving thanks on Sunday and of course with it being Thanksgiving week it's not unlikely for these verses to show up.  But, probably like most of us, I tend to thank Him for the "good" things in my life.  That's not what the Bible says.  It says:


REJOICE in the Lord ALWAYS. AGAIN I will say, REJOICE! (Phillipians 4:4)

That doesn't sound like God wants me to just be thankful for those good things or the times that I want to be thankful.  That sounds like He wants me to rejoice and be thankful for everything all of the time!!! And then it says:

Be anxious for NOTHING, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with THANKSGIVING, let my requests be made known to Him; (Phillipians 4:6)

Hmmmm... Everything with THANKSGIVING.  So, that means everything? Everything, such as the things that are just not what I have ordered today, God?  But God, how can I THANK You for something that is just totally not something that I want?  And, I should not be worried about anything, but I should Thank You for everything while I am making my requests to You...

and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. (Phillipians 4:7)

So, you're telling me that if I give thanks in EVERYTHING, You will guard my heart and mind. You might (no, You can) take that awful thing that I don't want to give thanks for right now, and turn it around to something that I never expected.  God's peace... no one can understand it, or no unbeliever can understand it.  He will give us peace when we think there is no peace to be found.

And my God shall supply all my needs according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus. (Phillipians 4:19)

This doesn't say God may supply, it states that God SHALL supply all my needs... not my wants, But what He knows that I need, He SHALL supply it!!!  So, why do we (I) not thank Him for EVERYTHING?  God tells us right here... all we have to do is thank Him and praise Him and MY God SHALL supply ALL my needs through Jesus Christ His Son!!!

PRAISING HIM AND THANKING HIM FOR EVERYTHING IN MY LIFE!!! Without everything that has happened in my life, I would not be the person that I am today.  I am amazed when I look back over my journey of 45 years and see how God has put my masterpiece together. The people that He has put in my life that I call family and friends, the friends that He placed there and decided to take away... or move them on.  I thank Him for it ALL!!!  It has it's highs and it's lows but they all come together to make a beautiful song that I call my life and I thank Him for it ALL!!!

I hope each one you reading have a wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday with your friends and families!!!  I love each and every one of you and hope this shares just a little of what I am thankful for this year!



0 comments: